Monday, March 12, 2007

Flooding

So as you all know by now, and those who don't know, our basement flooded. Well ok, let me define flooded. The carpet got all wet, and when you steeped on the carpet water came up, so not like flooded like inches of water or anything. Thank goodness it was just the basement, and the basement consists of the play room, the pantry, the storage cubby, and the office. Thank goodness it only made it into the playroom (we needed to dejunk anyways, and it didn't ruin anything) and the hallway. It would have been a disaster had it made it into Jeremy's office. But yeah, so we have made a lot of good friends who have since been helping us with the issue. We met Cy, the maintenance and yard guy. Lael, the friendly Plumber from Affordable Plumbing, and many other people from the complex. But oh my goodness I'm going to go insane. There isn't anything I can do to make the work go faster, since of course I can't pull the, if you don't get it done you are getting paid line since the HOA is paying for it. Now it got put to the city to fix it and you all know how much the city likes to drag it's feet. It's driving me absolutely mad. Needless to say we don't have a front yard, and it's driving me nuts!!!
Here are some pictures of the holes and the room that had the most destruction. We had to rip up the carpet and cut holes in the sheet rock.



No comments: